Today, just like every other day, hundreds of thousands of HR leaders will head off to work. A veritable battalion of professionals, they work in every industry and at every size organization imaginable. Unsung heroes, most of them; leading the good fight and doing their best to make the profession, their teams and their organizations better.
Lisa Rosendahl, Acting Associate Director at the US Department of Veterans Affairs, does those things every day.
And today, on #TimSackettDay, we’re celebrating Lisa.
This is a day when we celebrate the inspirational folks in HR and recruiting; we started with Tim Sackett and have since sent a collective shout out to Paul Hebert, Kelly Dingee, Victorio Millian and Animal. Oh…and it’s a surprise too (I wish I would have thought to ship some cake up to Lisa in Minnesota. Damn).
So let me tell you how Lisa inspires me…and countless others.
- She’s a mom to a wonderful daughter
- She’s a fearless HR leader with a focus on exceptional leadership, the building of high-performance teams, and strengthening the contributions of her team
- She’s an inspirational writer
- She’s a military veteran who served our country as an Officer in the US Army
- She’s one of the co-founders of the site WomenofHR
I first met Lisa in 2010 and we’ve had the opportunity to get together at various events for lunch and laughs and coffee and dinner over the years. Not enough though. And here on #TimSackettDay I vow to rectify that for 2017.
So congratulations Lisa – you are an inspiration and I, for one, salute you!